A few things a business buyer should know.
At EMPIRE, we concentrate in finding you a business that you like and feel comfortable operating. You as any other potential business buyer, have the vision of being your own boss and making your own decisions. A business should correspond to your vision so that you can be successful.
Why are businesses sold?
Contrary to what many people relieve, businesses aren't sold just because they are bankrupt. There are very legitimate reasons why a business owner might want to sell. Some of these are:
- Worrisome exposure to business risks often aggravated by personal guarantee loans.
- Tired of, or bored with the business.
- Possible failure of the business if one or more owners become seriously ill or disabled.
- Personal preference of the owners to retire or simply change their lifestyle.
- Divorce or dissolution of partnership.
- Owner's desire to pursue other business interests which may be more challenging or less stressful.
- Lack of sufficient working capital.
- A need within the company for new skills, new resources, or a new philosophy to cope with ever changing economic forces, government regulations and competition.
World wide, businesses change hands every 5 years on average.
What types of business formats can I consider for having my own business?
Which are companies that are functioning and have an operative history.
Which have a defined business format that you can acquire, as long as you are accepted as an operator and have an acceptable commercial space from the viewpoint of the franchisor. There are four types of franchise formats: Individual Franchise, Multiple Franchise, Regional Franchise, and International Master Franchise.
In which you will not pay a royalty for operation, and will be entitled to an initial support in equipment, trademark or business systems, as in the case of distributions.
Risk capital investments in which a part of all of the elements required to initiate the project are needed, and there is a business plan from the owner of the project.
In case you want to initiate your own business, the decision of where it is going to be located is essential to the success of the company.
What types of categories exist so that I can have my own business?
At EMPIRE, we have defined 42 business categories with over 100 sub-categories, which you can consult on this website. EMPIRE continually updates its business listings in order to offer buyers and future entrepreneurs options that best their tastes and preferences, as well as their investment possibilities.
We take care to present buyers with all of the facts they need to have to make strong and well-informed decisions. We know how important these decisions are and we are ready to help you take the next big step in your business life. Please call us even if you don’t see a business in our list that interests you. We take on new listings regularly and would like to know you so that we can help you find what you’re looking for.